Sunday, February 7, 2010

Apricot Tree & Lots of failures


Today's plan was KIND OF according to plan -- it was all going very well until... you'll see.

So, the plan today was go wake up, head to Mississauga to get the package that my dad sent me (gloves and scarves) and the cords to connect game concoles to PC. Then go back to my residence before it's too late. =]

Woke up at noon, and got ready. Left at around 1:30-ish for the subway. Listened to my music and had a great time riding the subway and stuff. I didn't wait for the bus for very long, which is also good. Total traveling time was only around 1 hour.

I didn't really go there for a vacation or anything, but I did eat a good meal there. I went to a restaurant called 'Apricot Tree'. Not a lot of selections on the menu, but all their food are good. I had French Onion Soup(bottom pic) and that chicken thing(pasta on the bottom and chicken top). I drank the French Onion Soup first, and got kind of full, so I only finished the pasta and took a bite out of the chicken. I had the rest packed for to go.

The soup was SOOO good. Last time I came here, I ordered the soup, too. Just the right amount of onions and croutons. The soup base goes perfectly with the onions, too. The layer of cheese on top just made everything better. It's just that good. It's making me hungry just talking about this. XD

The pasta/chicken dish was good, too. The pasta is kinda just like normal pasta, which is fine since the main course is the chicken, not the pasta. The chicken I can't really say much about since I only took a bite of it. From that one bite that I took, I can tell you the chicken is good. It's not too dry, and the sauce on top gives it extra flavour. Yuuum =]

I still had dessert though (totally has separate stomach for food and dessert). I ordered this thing that says Vanilla ice cream and coffee. My brain immediately thought it was Vanilla and Coffee ice cream, and I'm okay with coffee ice cream. That sounded pretty good, too, so I got that.

This is when all fails starts...

When it came... it was in a cup... and I was like... 'It's real coffee.... ooops'... So yup, I had to drink coffee when I don't even like coffee. It was still OKAY though, since it's mostly Vanilla Ice Cream. Not that bad. but still FAIL!!

Then we left and went back. I went separate ways with them so I can take the bus to the subway while my sister is taking the bus to go home. I got on the bus and remembered that I forgot to take my doggy bag. MY CHICKEN!!! D: I left it on the table in the restaurant... I really wanted that chicken, too!! FAIL!!

The bus ride to the subway went pretty okay, but on the subway... It was ARG. You know the stupid game that people play on subways/skytrains? The game where every time you get to the next station you quickly move from one cart to another cart before the door closes. Yup, there were a group of around 7 guys playing that game. I was so tempted to just trip them when they ran pass me -- such a noisy bunch. Then I heard this lady behind me saying "I think this is why people die on subways." I kind of hope that was true though, and it would happen to them. Immature bunch.

When I got home, I quickly tried to get my PS3 working, but for the longest time, I couldn't find he program that works... That went on for hours... UNTIL I found the installation CD for the device that I had -- online. I just need to download the content and burn it onto a CD, but I didn't have any blank CD. FAIL!!

Luckily, Atsushi has them, but I had to wait till next day. So next day comes... and I got the CD. Without any hesitation, I burned the CD and installed it. Works fine! YAY!!!! I opened the program and got everything set up. I turned on the PS3, and the SCREEN STARTS APPEARING ON MY LAPTOP!! WEEEEEEE

Here's the problem though, the video AND audio quality is worse than imaginable. It's so bad that you can't really play it. It'll hurt your eyes after just ten minutes. Yea, so even now, I can't get my PS3 to work T___T

SO MUCH FAAAAAAAAAAIL
~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment