Monday, February 22, 2010

Kristie's Birthday~

Um... Yea. This thing over there (below), also known as the Inukshuk is sitting right in the middle of the field on my campus. From this view, only the the right leg is destroyed, but in reality... it's much much worse... So there you have it, Destroyed Inukshuk, my new masterpiece... joking.

Destroyed Inukshuk

Anyways, back on topic. This post is about the day I celebrated Kristie's birthday, which is kind of ages ago. We went Karaoke at Bar+ Karaoke. There's not much to talk about since we're just singing one song after another. However, there's one song that intrigue me a lot. It's a song sang by Sarah and Vicki, a cantonese song. The MV(yes, we get real MV's! XD) for that song is so intense, and the lyrics(from reading it since I don't understand cantonese) is like a dialogue of a couple fighting. It's amazing how people can accomplish things like this. So that's karaoke. *inserts a picture of a spinning ball*

The legendary spinning ball

We then head to this Japanese Restaurant named Guu. There's a few in Vancouver, but this is the only one in Toronto.

Guu Logo


Guu Exterior

Guu Door

Anyways, the line up was extremely long, and they don't take reservations unless it's over 20 people... so yea, we waited for a good hour or more. Their service was crazy, so that made up for the waiting time. How Crazy?? Well, when we went in every employees literally shouted Welcome(in Japanese), and there's a coat rack for our heavy jackets. A quick look at their menu~
Front Menu

Back Menu

Note: Wasabi is Hot!!


We ordered lots of good food.

Scallop

It's scallop with some really good sauce... I don't know what it is. The scallop is not too chewy, but still chewy -- just like how a scallop should be. I gave this dish a 9/10. Minus one point for being not filling at all because it's $7. =___=

Guava Juice

I also had this Guava Juice. It's nothing special, but it brings back a lot of Taiwan memories. Guava Juice USED to be something I can only drink in Taiwan, and it's like the best juice ever.


Takoyaki

Okonomiyaki

Their Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki is not only real tasty, but also very special. They have a hint of wasabi in it. I never had Takoyaki or Okonomiyaki like that, truly special.

For other people's food go to my facebook album on Kristie Birthday here

This quality of food for this restaurant is really good, but the portions are a big small... so the price is more on the expensive side. I can taste that they use really good quality ingredients, thus the expensive pricing for the dishes.

After eating, we went to a Starbucks so that we can eat the cake that Sarah made, but Starbucks doesn't allow outside food, so I bought myself a hot drink and we left for McDonalds

Me and my hot tea?

That's my hot 'iced shaken lemonade'. Yea, I got my usual drinks, Black Tea Lemonade, but they ran out of lemonade, and they also ran out of cold drink cups. That's totally a hot drink, y'know.

Anyways, at McDonald, we at Sarah's cake and went home. The cake was so good, and she made it herself.
Sarah's cake for Kristie

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment