Monday, February 1, 2010

Two days in one! -- a whammy.

Yea, I was kind of lazy & tired to blog yesterday, so I shall do so now.

Sunday wasn't anything special except for the fact that I went to the worst restaurant ever. I went with Lisa and Kristie's friends because their campus had an event (the amazing race) in downtown. That restaurant is Pickle Barrel, the SAME restaurant that I complained about the drinks. We were going to go to Spring Rolls, but they thought we actually TRY the food, instead of the drinks; I was kind of against that, but might as well give it a try. I ordered a 10 oz. New York Sirloin with extra mushroom on the side -- I love mushrooms~ =]. Because I know they fail at their specialty drinks, so I just ordered Iced Tea for drink this time... totally learned my lesson. As I was waiting for my food to come, I finished my Iced Tea already, and they passed by so many times without even asking if I wanted a refill. They still didn't ask if I wanted a refill when they came with the food and saw my empty cup.

The steak was dry and more like medium than medium rare and the flavour wasn't very nice, if there's any at all. Most importantly, THEY FORGOT MY MUSHROOM!!! I noticed that right away (when they served the plate to me), so I raised the question. They said they'll bring it to me 'right away'. So there goes 1/5 of my steak... 1/2 of my steak... and the mushroom still didn't come(same with my refills, which I asked for also), so I asked for it again. She said 'Oh, he didn't bring them to you, yet?' which I think is just an excuse -- to cover up that she forgot again. Long after, my mushroom came, and guess what? I finished my meal already. But it's mushroom, so I still ate it(and it cost me money). Man, was I disappointed. Mushroom is like the EASIEST thing to cook and the HARDEST thing to screw up on, but apparently they still can. I don't know what they did to it, but it was way too dry and no flavour -- kind of like the steak.

After the meal, it's time to pay for the bill -- and of course I wasn't going to give a lot of tips if at all. The plan, however, went down the drain when I saw my bill. They already included 15% tips in there because I was eating with 7 people? Wow, that's some bullshit. I don't know how this restaurant can be so famous; the food is bad, the service is worse and the tip is just the worst. Pickle Barrel is forever on my list of 'never to go again' restaurant.

Soo~~ On to Monday, which is today. I had a test. A test on 'Illogical Logic' (If you have no idea what I am talking about, refer to my previous blog entry 'The world's weirdest logic'. I believe that's what it's called.) Anyways, surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, in fact, I thought it was pretty easy. I didn't even study, too!

I went to Eaton Centre with Atsushi after my classes. I pre-ordered Pokemon SoulSilver (because I got HeartGold in Japanese already), and the Edgeworth game because my sister is forcing me to play it. I forgot, however, that she had enter a Phoenix Wright Tribute contest that I had told her about, and she might be able to win a copy of the game. Ooops. I also went to the Apple Store to check the cord to convert the PC monitor to MiniDisplayPort because I plan to buy a PS3 (if I get my job), and play it in my residence. Let's hope it'll all work out. =]

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment