Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Year of the Tiger~ RAWR???

On S.A.D. (also known as Single Awareness Day) this year, it was also Lunar New Years, so I gathered with my sister and we had hotpot in Chinatown.

You know when you're in Chinatown when you see things like this...

Oh, the wonders of Chinatown... No more commentary needed.

Before going to hot pot, we stopped by a bookstore. My sister was looking at cookbooks, so I looked around, too. I saw this book called "神奇番茄" which means Magical Tomatoes, but they translated as Wonderful Tomatoes (hence why I've been using a lot of 'wonderful' in my blog). There's this one recipe in that book that teaches you how to make tomato mousse. You know, like chocolate mousse, but instead it's tomato. I thought it was pretty interesting....

After a while, we got to the hot pot place... and what else do we do. We eat =] Unfortunately, I didn't take any picture of the hot pot, but there's really nothing to take. It's just a bunch of raw stuff being cooked in a pot.

My sister's friend has something really interesting in her wallet though.

Yes, it's made from a real $20 bill. What's funny is that the face is on the from of the POLO shirt(it's not even just a T-shirt XD). It's like the face was the design for the polo shirt. Funny stuff.

Anyways, after the food, I went to my sister's place in Mississauga because I wanted to play Beatles Rock Band. My dad bought a lot of little magnet plushies you stick on your fridge not long before, but since I have no fridge I have a reason to shove it all to my sister =] (yes!). I finally see it for the first time when I went to my sister's place. They look interesting I must say. Can't say they're completely useless, but they are pretty useless. Some designs are okay.. (by the way, if you want any of them, contact me.), but the Ladybug one cracked me up. I laugh for a good 2 minutes when I see the ladybug one.

I took a picture of every single one, so voila~

Lion

Giraffe

Reindeer

Blue Cow?!

Koala

Sheep

Duck

Dog

Of course, how could we forget the lovely ladybug~!!

Ladybug???

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment