Sunday, February 28, 2010

Game Review - Eternal Sonata

Yes, I know this game's not that new at all...
I played the Xbox version when it first came out, and I was finally able to play the PS3 version recently, and I have one thing to say. PS3 > Xbox.

I am kind of not happy because when they released the Xbox version, they said it's xbox exclusive, which is stupid because they released a PS3 version not long after... WITH EXTRA CONTENT. The PS3 version has extra dungeons, extra cutscenes, extra playable characters, and more in depth story development. I'll talk about the game first, then get to the version differences in detail.

This game is a RPG game that takes place inside Chopin's dream(yes, that composer) right before his death, and because it takes place inside a composer's head (and given the game title), this game has to do a lot with music. Each character's name, city... other stuff is named after something to do music. Its story is very unique, and what I like about it is that they explained enough story to get what's going on, but also left room for thinking and imagination. Xbox version showed more of the imagination part compared to the PS3 version(from extra cutscenes and in depth story analysis).

Eternal Sonata has the most exciting battle system out of all the RPG games that I've played because as the game progresses, the standard formula of the battle system stays the same, but the details keeps changing bits by bits. On top of that this system features a lot of neat features that makes the battle so exciting. It's a turn based, real time battle system -- featuring Light and Dark elements... it's complicated.

I don't really want to explain too much because I don't want to spoil people(that's why I didn't explain any of the plot at all), so just youtube it or something. XD!

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment