Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day out with Kristie & Monopoly WORLD edition.

So kind of a continuation of the previous blog... I went out with Kristie after mouse catching and doing my laundry to eat dinner. She also said she needs gloves for her friend, so to Eaton Centre we go. During this times in Eaton Centre, I wanted to take pictures so many times, but my camera was out of batteries *sad face*. After dinner and getting the gloves, we went to this game shop and I found out that they are selling jig-saw puzzles. I love jig-saw puzzles so much!! They even have pieces over 2000 exactly what I wanted. I was so tempted to buy it until I saw the price. 3000 pieces was $60. 9000 pieces was $180, and 13200 pieces was over $200. We went to Indigo (also known as Chapters) afterwards to look at anything that's not a book (my intension anyways :P).

The front of the box.

At the boards game section, I saw Monopoly World Edition, which I had voted for last year. If you didn't know, during a time last year, you could go online and vote for the cities you want the board to have. You can vote for as many cities as you like, but you can only for that particular city once per day. I voted for Vancouver, Toronto, Taipei, Montreal, Tokyo, Paris. Vancouver because I was living in Vancouver. Toronto and Montreal because they're in Canada. Tokyo and Paris because I like Japan and France and finally, Taipei because Taiwan pride. =]

I actually waited for this game to come out for quite some time now because I knew which cities were on the game and I finally saw it; it was 30% off, too. That didn't really made me want to buy it... until I saw 'batteries required'. I was wondering why it needs batteries, THEN I saw the 'ELECTRONIC BANKING UNIT' sign, and it changes everything. Yes, I saw the small text first before the large text. Sue me =__=

The Board


Yup! So I bought it. There are some cities that I just liked to point out.

First there's Taipei: my hometown!! Though it's only worth 600k nothing compared to other cities, Taipei still made it into the game unlike some other cities which I will not name.









Next city is Montreal. I never been there before, nor is Montreal is a special place for me. It's simply because it's the most expensive place on the board game, and it's in Canada!!!













Then there's Vancouver, where I've lived for the past 9 years or so. It's worth half of Montreal, but still beating a lot of other cities (it's orange~).














Last, there's Toronto. It's the current city that I'm living in. Toronto is not bad at all (except the cold), but like I've said countless times, residence is ruining my experience here in Toronto. I also like to point out that Vancouver is worth more than Toronto. Lalala~ *runs away*










I'm glad that I bought this game even though I already do own a copy of the Nintendo Monopoly. They actually put a lot of effort into making this game; it's not just another randomly thrown together version of Monopoly. First there's the electronic banking unit that I was talking about. Then there's the game pieces, there are around 16~20 game pieces that they made, and 6 of them are randomly selected to put into a game. I didn't the the one that I wanted the most, but I still got some cool ones. =] Last there's the houses and hotels. This is the first monopoly game that I saw that didn't use regular house and hotel. They have different shapes modeled after the cultures in each continent. It truly reflects the cultures today, such. Good investment.

Electronic Banking Unit

All the Game Pieces one could get

Game Pieces

Houses and Hotels.
~Daniel Chou

3 comments:

  1. Ohsnap. That looks really funn...I cannot wait to play it with you guys, ne? 8D <3 DIBS ON PRETZEL!!

    &&Yay for Taipei being in!~~

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANTED THE PRETZEL D:::::

    HETALIA MONOPOLY FOR THE WIIIIN.

    xDDDD <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man everybody wants the Pretzel. lol

    ReplyDelete