Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Surprises never work -- never go the way you planned.

(A variation of the title for Atsushi: 'Surprises will never work unless things go the way you planned ')

This 'plan' of surprise is kind of a failure...

It's Atsushi's birthday, and so Crystal and I thought we give him a surprise cake & present. You know, something small -- It's scheduled on Thursday January 21, 2010. Because Atsushi and I have our 'weekly study session' every Thursday from 5~8pm after our lab(though I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember). Crystal was going to come during 5~8 with a cake to my residence to surprise him then we tickle him to death -- you know, really simple things like this. =]

Today, Atsushi was at my place trying to work on this assignment that was due tonight at 10pm, and Crystal msn-ed me. She said 'is atsushi really going to stay on campus till 8? wouldn't his family want him back?' and... well... I quickly closed the chatbox, but it was too late. Atsushi saw it and asked what that was all about, but I didn't really answer him. I then quickly text Crystal in case she spills more info... but this is where more embarrassing moments happened. I texted 'Come earlier then! He's beside me by the way!' to Crystal.

Suddenly, Atsushi's cellphone buzzed. Yup, I failed texting to Crystal. Instead, I texted Atsushi. I really don't know how'd that happened, but it did -- kind of embarrassing, too... I'm sure he remembers his birthday, so after seeing all that... it's not hard to tell what was going on. I had to quickly said that Crystal was planning to come later and doing what I do best -- making excuses(I only do that for situations like this).

If I were in his shoes, I'd probably figured all this out... but it's Atsushi... so... probably not, or rather, I hope not. Either way, I'm blogging about it now, so he will know if he reads about this, but it's not like it matters anymore. This plan is kind of ruined, so we're not doing this anymore.

Operation Surprise Cake = Harsh Fail.

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment