Thursday, January 14, 2010

The things they can make into Movies.

I discovered that they're making a movie for 'The Sims'. Yes, 'The Sims'. I mean, how can they make a movie out of The sims? What plot could they possibly have?

Given the nature of the game, they better make the movie an interactive movie. I want to be able to give commands like "Go to the washroom", "Flirt with this person", "Tickle". I also want the ability to pause the movie, so I can move furniture and items around. I want to be able to trap someone in the bathtub and remove the ladder for the swimming pool after getting everyone in the pool. Also, making the front yard into a maze so the mailman will take 30 minutes to place the newspaper at the specific location, but blocking the entrance right after, so he can't get out. Hosting a house party, but killing them off one by one - similar to the collegehumor video 'The Sims Horror Movie' (link below). Oh the good times...

It's still a working title, so we'll see how they make of the movie. I demand my interactive rights!


Another movie that I found surprising that they're making it into a movie is 'The Smurfs'. Those little blue... people wearing white hats, all topless. Don't get me wrong, I like 'The Smurfs'. It's just that the cartoon aired like 10 years ago, and they're making it into a movie NOW? They things people will do for money. A lot of people will be watching that maovie for nostalgic reasons, me included. Too bad the airing date is July 29, 2011. Over a year from now.


Another movie that's like 'The Smurfs' is 'Yogi Bear'. Yup, that good old brown bear always stealing food off of picnickers. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but it's airing December 15, 2010. At least it's this year.

Speaking of movies, I watched an animation movie recently called 'サマーウォーズ' (Summer Wars). I can't really explain why it's good; it's just kind of good beyond words. If you ever have the chance, check out the wikipedia link below and look at it. I promise you'll like it.


The Smurfs
English Version:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3087992255882358662#
Chinese Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74jet0PuLQ

The Sims
Collegehumor Video:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1922223

Summer Wars
Wikipedia Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Wars

I highly recommend Summer Wars! Go watch it!

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment