Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mansion of KEGs. & Rant - Pickle Barrel



As planned, I went early (at 6:20) when we're meeting at 7pm because we have 11 people. And it's the KEG, always a big line up. I thought usually it would be around 1 hour wait, so would be get our table by 7:20 at the latest... Oh man, was I wrong... They said "It'll be 2.5 hours to 3 hours wait." 6:20 + 3:00 = 9:20. That means We won't be able to eat until 9:20!! It was horrible. Still, we decide to wait...

We just camped in their lobby and started playing Taboo for an hour or so. ANGEL! SAM-AM-I! TOWER OF PISA! etc. We were pretty loud; therefore, we got some stares here and there. An hour passed, and some of us decided to stray. Seriously though, that place is like in the middle of nowhere plus KEG Mansion. We had to walk ten minutes to find a Starbucks -- a place to sit, and get away from the cold. I ordered a Banana Loaf and my all time favourite drink (Black Tea Lemonade), came to around $6.50. We just sat there and chatted until they kicked us out. Because they're closing, not because we're too loud. Not long after that, the people who stayed behind phoned us and told us that we got a table. Kevin G RAN back to the restaurant while the rest of us just strolled. Fun times. =]

At the diner table, this waiter came and said something, but he was pretty far from me, so I didn't hear everything... I got part of it and they were "Because....over 10 people... 15%... don't be surprised...". In my head, I was thinking "Because there are over 10 people at a table, there will be a 15% discount, so don't be surprised." Yup, I finished the sentence for him, but in fact, he was saying "Because there are over 10 people at this table, you will be automatically charged 15% tip, so don't be surprised." It was a total let down. D:









We ordered, and the food came. Oh man, they were good. We ate, talked. I spent $41. It was worth it, I LOVE the KEG, and this time it was KEG MANSION!! =]

That totally says Mansion and not Ansion.


For dessert, we decided to go to Pickle Barrel. I got some complaints for that restaurant. They seated us pretty fast -- the first time. Yea, this waiter tried to get us seated, but the table wasn't clean, so he said to 'wait there'. He pointed to this corner in the restaurant, so we did. We stood there for 10 minutes, watching other people get seated, waiters/waitresses passing us, customers eating. Yea, we were totally ignored. Does cleaning a table take 10 minutes? Lisa was thinking, so she went back to the front desk and got us a table. Go Lisa! XD

We ordered dessert & drink. They looked really nice to eat, but that's only looks. 6 desserts for $10.99... If they were to make a profit out of that, they'll need to cut down on the ingredients, and I can totally taste the that. All their dessert was too sweet(happens when you use cheap ingredients), especially mine. I had the chocolate slam -- Rocky Mountain because none of the girls want something that chocolaty. It was a layer of brownies on the bottom. On top of that was chocolate mousse, with marshmallows on the mousse. Then it was drizzled with chocolate syrup... yea. Way too sweet. I also had a Strawberry Shake -- it was pretty bad, too. It just taste like milk, no strawberry. I thought I ordered a STRAWBERRY shake... To make everything worse, I don't think they washed the cups properly. The handle of my cup was sticky, same with other people's. Kind of disgusting if you ask me... I got some good pictures out of it, so I guess it's okay. No thanks to them though! I spent $7.00 at this place.

Our dessert and drinks.


Artsy Picture. I tried.


Artsy Picture. I tried.

Overall, today was a good day minus the fact that Atsushi couldn't come. D:
6.50 + 41 + 7 ... I spent $54.5 on food today. Fun.

Good night! =]
~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment