Friday, January 22, 2010

Best movie of 2009!!! Music & Video of the day

I suddenly thought of all the movies that I watched this summer(and I watched at least 5). Anyways, there's one movie that I thought is really good. From acting to plot, from costumes to settings, there is nothing wrong with the movie. That movie is 'Julie & Julia'. I usually don't like documentaries, but this one is so different. As the title suggested, it's the lives of Julie and Julia. The movie is about how Julia Child discovers the art of French Cooking, and Julie's attempt in French Cooking.


In more details about the movie, Julia wrote a cookbook called 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking', and Julie is going to attempt to cook everything in that book in a 365 days, while blogging about her daily process. Because the movie needs to cover the lives of two people, they can only pick out the important part, and they did that perfectly. The scene transitions from one life to another is flawless. Everything about this movie is perfect(doesn't really want to spoil a lot), except the ending. It ended kind of abruptly; there is one thing that the movie didn't explain well. BUT I am not going to say what because you all need to watch the movie if you haven't. If you did, you'll know what I am talking about!! It's seriously the best movie I've watched all year, topping the animation film Up!, Transformers, and even G.I. Joe. Just look at the awards that they won -- well Meryl Streep won. She's an amazing actress.


I noticed that when I say this song is good... ALL I am saying that it is a good song -- that's it. I never really talked about why it's good, or the lyrics behind this song... or any reason why the song is good. So starting today, I'll talk about the meaning behind the lyrics, basically analyzing it in a... non-boring way. (Or other reasons why I like it)


Today's music is by a singer 陶喆(David Tao). The song is from his first album ever, which is like 3~4 years ago called '愛很簡單'(Love is easy). The song is about how love is easy(like the title suggested). You don't really know how it started, but it just happens, and you're willing to do anything for your other half... you know those typical love song lyrics. Sure, the lyrics is nothing special, but together with the melody, it's a new feeling. The lyrics talks about how 'easy' it is to fall in love, so the melody for this song is also very simple -- a little bit of everything. Just the right amount of Piano, Percussion, Guitar.


Video for today is by a Youtuber named TheWineKone -- it's a parody video of the hit videos on youtube at that time. That video was about... a year ago. Basically you need to watch a lot of random youtube videos to get the parody, but if you don't know what he's doing the parody of, there are the links to the original video in his description. Video is called 'Viral Video Failure'. Check it out.


~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment