Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rant - The world?!?!

I spent the whole day reading Objective-C and worked on my assignment for my SLOG course(I hope you[you know who you are] are working on it, too and not just flirting :P)... That's really nothing interesting to talk about, so instead I'm gonna rant about something that happened to me when I went to the cafeteria to buy food. It happened today, by the way. (That's how the blog started, then I started ranting about everything else...)

Before I start talking about what happened to me in the cafeteria, I want to generalize and say how I really * 100 hate people with no manners. I'm not talking about farting in public or swearing. I'm not even talking about how 'guys' have to open the doors for 'the ladies' or how 'guys' are not suppose to hit 'girls' because it's not gentlemen like. Though I do have something to say about the expectations people have on how guys treat girls, which I will do after I rant about manners. Back on topic... What I am talking about is more like discipline.

You know how people don't say sorry when they bump into you, or don't say thank you when they're being helped? That's what I am talking about!! This is also why I despise all 'gangster' wannabes. They try to be 'cool' by 'throwing away' their manners, thinking that's the definition of 'cool'. Just wait like ten years, and they'll know what's 'cool' and what's not 'cool', when they're on the streets begging for money because they failed to get any jobs. I hope they all die. And no, I don't think that's mean. My policy is if you don't want me to be mean to you, then don't be mean to me -- I can also tell you that when I want to be mean and sneaky, I really CAN be mean and sneaky. I don't really mind friends doing that because I know they're just doing it as a joke. A lot of people mix up stupidity with lack of manners. Lack of manner is people who doesn't 'give a shit' about the world except themselves. Yes, that's like selfishness; they kind of tie together. Stupidity is more like being ignorant about the world. In a simpler term, it's just lack of common sense.

So I went to the cafeteria and bought today's special -- pasta & garlic bread. There are two kind of boxes when you want it to go. A small one(like the picture) or a big one. I asked for pasta(which by default, should fill up to 3cm below the line in the box), so using the small box will be correct. But that's if I ONLY asked for pasta. I clearly said 'Pasta and TWO garlic bread', but he still chose the small box. He fills the pasta & sauce to 3cm below the line, and then just ADDS THE GARLIC BREAD ON TOP. You know, there's a reason why people ask for TO GO; They want to take it TO GO. They still want to CLOSE THE BOX after the foods in it, so they can take it TO GO as in like OUTSIDE IN THE COLD. Apparently he doesn't think the same way. He just put my two garlic bread on top, overfilling my box. A little common sense here? That's not the only complaint I have about him. He's working there, and I'm a costumer, but I don't feel any costumer service at all. He face is all grumpy and squished together like a meat bun. It's their responsibility to smile to the costumer and be happy. They're the one choosing to work there. I don't care if broke up with your girlfriend or if your broke your leg or even that your mom just died. When you're working, you can't put any personal emotion in there -- even when you're sad, you still have to put up a fake smile. I don't care.

I had to do it when I worked in McDonald. There are times when I was the only one taking orders when there are like 50 costumers. I was swearing inside(what did I do to deserve this, etc), but I still kept my smile when talking to costumers because it's my job to smile, and the costumers didn't do anything wrong. There are many more incident when I had to fake my smile(feeling sick, etc etc), but you know, my point is that I SMILE AT COSTUMERS UNLIKE SOMEONE.

Yea, that guy is like lack of manners and full of stupidity combined. In other words, hopeless.

On to next little rant I want to do, which I mentioned above -- 'the expectations people have on how guys treat girls'. I believe in equality, which means that all the expectations DO NOT EXIST for me. I hit girls if I want to, at the same time, they can hit me back (They have to make me really mad to make me hit them though). I don't want to be 'expected' to hold doors open for girls or 'pull chairs' for girls. I can do it if I want to, but it's not an expectation. I am not REQUIRED to do anything for girls at all. I do it if I want to. There are so many things that guys are not allow to do to girls, but it's okay for girls to do to guys? What kind of fucking logic is that?

And if there are girls who are not happy about it, then let me ask you this. You girls say 'the man overpowers the females, it's not fair', but at the same time you expect the males to hold doors and pull up chairs for you? Are you so weak that you can't even do it yourself? Are you so stupid that you can't even open a door yourself? But at the same time you want more power? So let me get this straight -- you want power, but you're too weak to do anything. Kind of ironic don't you think? And don't give me any reason that has to do with equality. If you really support equality then you wouldn't be asking the guys to do all the bullshits for you.

The world is so messed up. There are connotated(is that a word?) images for everything; The men HAVE to be muscular and buff while the women HAVE to be pretty and white. It's because those images are imprinted into our heads that we can't get away from it. We can't break away from the curse of the society -- a never ending curse. Here's another ironic thing, how can anyone 'stand out' and be 'unique' when the images of the society is set in stone? Sure, you can THINK differently, but that's all in your head. How can you be unique and different physically? Look at all the celebrities. They're all the same physically -- all wearing make-up, flashy clothing, etc. And that's the 'images' of the society. If someone tries not break away from that -- people classify them as 'ugly'.

So is that how the society works now? If you're different, or doesn't fit into the society's image, then you're 'ugly', and get isolated? Some kind of equality this is.

(I just read my blog, and wow, this is so deep and dark. Not like me at all.
Umm.....
Yea..............

Enjoy your day! :P)

~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment