Saturday, January 30, 2010

Unexpected day -- another proof that everything never goes the way you wanted

Today's plan was originally to watch Legion with Atsushi and hand in our resume to McDonald. The movie was cancelled because none of the theatre near us are showing Legion, which is a huge disappointment, but what can you do. That's life. Instead, I just hung out at Atsushi's house, hence the previous post. Met his mom, seems pretty nice. Anyways, we went to McDonald that near his house to drop off our resume, and he's like 'Go apply online', and gave us the code and instructions how and such. So basically the movie and the resume both failed.

Not long after that, I got msn-ed at his house, and it was Lisa disguised as Kristie. She asked me if I wanted to go eat at Cafe Crepe for dinner, so I agreed. I got there at 6pm, which is when we're meeting up, but they weren't there, so I just waited. As I was waiting, I heard the waiter talking about a reservation for 20 tonight... When Lisa & Co. came, I told Lisa about reservation for 20, and her reply surprised me 'Oh, I think that's us; we came with the French Club'. Huh? I didn't know anything about this; I thought it was going to be a very awkward dinner since I don't know anyone at all AND I speak no French! Turns out there are more outcasts than expected, and we had fun talking to each other. I tried taking artsy pictures today, but I failed so badly due to the restaurant having bad lighting -- that's why I am not posting them on here. Too ugly.

This next bit of the story is going to be presented in the form of a rant because it's very rant-worthy. The Crepe was good because it's Cafe Crepe, so that was no surprised. While looking at the menu, however, we noticed this really interesting item called 'Italian Soda', and there are around 7~8 different flavours you can mix with each other. At that time, it sounds very tasty, so I ordered a Large size of Strawberry & Lemon Italian Soda($2.60). I was going to imitate Red Robin's freckled lemonade, but it just tastes like cough drops. It has a really weird after taste stuff. It's not just my Italian Soda(IS), everybody's IS has a taste along the lines of medicine... $2.60 for medicine tasting drinks? Total rip off.

The waiters and waitresses are nice, but kind of stupid. When you see 20 college/university people waking into a restaurant, don't you think it's going to be separate bills? Even if you don't know, shouldn't you ask? But NOOOO they're all like 'We're gonna put it all in one bill because we felt like it' and gave my table a bill of $137. Usually when this happens, I'd offer to pay for now, and they can pay me back later, but... I don't know them at all. Our table(the outcasts) were just gonna pitch in our cash and pay, but the hosts of the event decided to do it the slow way. They asked everyone what they ordered and WROTE THEM DOWN, and double check that every item on the receipt was claimed by someone. It's like they don't trust people at all. Some hosts they are, so not trusting at all. And it looks like it's like their first time doing this or something, it took them over an hour to sort out what 20 people have? Real smooth. Go back to high school. =__=.

After finally getting out of the restaurant, Lisa , Kristie and I decided to go eat dessert at Marble Slab -- an ice cream place. By the way, did I mention it was -15 degrees today? Marble Slab was good regardless of how cold it was because we ate it indoors!! I need to take people there next time; pretty good place.

While all this was going on, I was trying to organize a Karaoke Day... and it wasn't working very well. I blame Lisa. =]

Tomorrow, I'm going to have the battle with the mouse... look forward to an update on it! And maybe even more~!!

That's all for today,
~Daniel Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment